• Image: Weather
  • Image: Sheraton Webcam
  • Image: Pinterest icon
  • Image: Instagram icon
  • Image: Facebook icon
  • Image: Twitter icon
  • Image: YouTube icon
  • Image: Trip Advisor icon
  • Image: Google+ icon
  • Image: Blog icon
main pic
  • Children per room

    This information enables us to identify the rooms that will best accommodate your party and to prepare for your arrival.

    See room terms and details for information about rollaway and/or extra person charges.

    Please note that at most Starwood hotels, guests 17 and under are considered children. All other guests are considered adults. You will be told of any hotel-specific differences in this policy on the following page.

  • Note: Reservation for these packages are powered by Pleasant Holidays®


Wedding Requirements

Legal Requirements for the State of Hawaii:

  1. Both parties must be 18 years of age and single.
  2. Valid photo identification is required. (Driver's license is adequate identification or passport for non-U.S. citizens).
  3. Must obtain a marriage or civil union license from the State of Hawaii.


Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa
Catering & Convention Services Office
Anuhea Haalilio (808) 930-4919
Tuesdays 12:30-4pm by appointment only

Independent Licensing Agents (requires an appointment):

Ms. Gerry Stephens
Kopiko Plaza, Suite A5 (on left side of plaza)
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Phone number: (808) 329-4249
Hours of operation: Seven days per week, by appointment only

Ms. Andrea Bojorquez
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Located approx. 10 minutes from Kona International Airport
Phone number: (808) 990-1929
Hours of operation: Seven days per week, by appointment only

Roberta Cho, Department of Health
81-980 Halekii Street, #103
Kealakekua, Hawaii 96750
Phone number: (808) 322-4880
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, by appointment only

To obtain your license application, please call the Hawaii County Department of Health at (808) 974-6008 and request a "Marriage or Civil Union License Packet" or log on to: http://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/marriages-civil-unions/ for license application and information.

Some Important Notes:

  • There are three licensing agencies on the west coast of the Big Island who can issue your license. Please note that only the Independent Licensing Agents are open on weekends and all locations require appointments and are closed on state and local holidays.
  • Both parties need to be present when applying for the license. For those who are re-marrying within one year from a divorce, please provide a copy of the divorce decree. If the divorce was finalized more than one year from date of marriage, no legal documentation is required but you will need to know the date the divorce decree was issued along with the state/county in which it was issued.
  • Cost of the license is $65.00 (fee is subject to change) and must be paid in cash.
  • The license is issued at the time of application. The license must be utilized within thirty (30) days of the date of issue.
  • Name of the Officiant will be required at time of licensing.
  • The license must be signed by a state licensed Officiant at the time of the ceremony.
  • You must bring the license to the ceremony – a ceremony cannot start without this.