Our Renewal is Complete
On September 1, 2012, Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa changed its name to Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay. This name change marked completion of nearly $20 million in renovations and the exciting relaunch of the Kona Coast's most iconic resort.
In the Hawaiian language, "Keauhou" means new beginning, At Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa, we have begun a new beginning with the renewal of the resort and with our heightened focus to share Hawaii's culture and history with guests for an authentic, meaningful and tangible sense of place.
Highlights of our new beginning include:
- Sense of arrival - from the new and lush landscaping with tropical trees and flowers beckoning at the redesigned porte cochere, complete with handcrafted art and sculpture, to the breathtaking and awe-inspiring ocean views that greet guests through floor to ceiling open windows
- Dramatic Lobby Furnishings and Carpets - Earth-colored, pillowed lounge chairs, hand designed carpets and curved settees invite one to stay awhile in the open air lobby
- Silversword Bar - Linger and enjoy the lobby area with the Starwood branded Social Hour at the new Silversword Bar. Upscale wine tasting, relaxing cocktails and live music
- Guest Services - Arrive and be greeted by guest service agents clad in iconic Hawaii designer Sig Zane uniforms as you check in, replete with fresh flower orchid leis upon arrival. Note the handcrafted koa wood artwork gracing the guest service desks, designed locally and created exclusively for Sheraton Kona by Sig Zane.
- Concierge - As you make your way to your hotel room, stop and linger at the new Concierge desk area, alive with art and videos of Hawaii Island dolphins, manta rays, colorful fish, erupting volcanoes and more
- Flying Fish – A brand new addition to Sheraton Kona, Flying Fish is a unique retail store and adventurers’ and outfitters’ delight, filled with activewear and everything from boogie boards, to kayaks to hybrid bike rentals to stand up paddle boards and more. The enthusiastic guide there knows all the secret places that only locals know!
- New Fitness Center – featuring Sheraton’s Core Performance brand standard equipment, cold towels, wide screen wall TV, new low-impact flooring and oceanfront views. Open 24 hours.
- Guestrooms and Suites – newly refreshed with furnishings, carpeting, flat-screen TVs and renowned Hawaii designer Sig Zane’s visual art in suites, ocean and partial ocean categories, reflected throughout the resort
- Addition of 10 new oceanfront guest suites , for a total of 24 spacious suites, each with balconies, including the Presidential Suite
- Common Areas & Hallways - Our entire resort has been refreshed, from new carpet and art work by Sig Zane to hi speed internet access and new directional signage throughout the resort.
- Ainakai Restaurant – Ready to dine? Ainakai Restaurant delights with new wood flooring, art work, and dining furniture with a fresh new look and feel, serving breakfast and delectable Hawaiian breakfast buffet daily from 6:30am to 11am. Open for private functions and receptions after breakfast hours
- Rays on the Bay – Oceanfront dining at Kona’s newest and trendiest restaurant and Rum Bar, complete with fireplace tables, wraparound bar, keawe-grilled farm to fork dining offerings and freshly fired pizzas and home made ice cream and desserts. The world’s only restaurant where one can dine and view Hawaii’s manta rays up close in their natural ocean setting. Relax among cushion-strewn lounging areas, live entertainment nightly. Dinner and bar service 5pm to closing nightly.
- Pa’akai Point – Breathtaking setting right on lava cliffs overlooking the ocean on three sides, perfect for receptions, luncheons and private events for up to 250 people. Replete with palm trees, manicured grass lawn and world class views, right off of Rays on the Bay. Perfect for viewing sunsets, dolphins and the elegant manta rays
- Fantasy Pool – Our Fantasy Pool with 200' water slide and sandy zero depth entry "beach" has been updated with chic white four poster cabanas, complete with towel, water and fresh fruit service with cabana rental.
- Convention Center and Meeting Facilities – complete redesign and renovation of all meeting facilities with stunning exclusive signature Sig Zane designed carpets in every meeting room. State of the art AV equipment and new banquet furniture complete the new and fresh look
- Historical and cultural tours – signature complimentary award-winning tours for Sheraton Kona, storytelling at its finest as one learns about the birthplace and playgrounds of Hawaii’s greatest King
- Complimentary daily activities for the whole family – enjoy Yoga in the morning, lei making and hula dancing, Aqua- yoga at the pool, dance to upbeat music at Zumba classes, and much more
To stay up to date and learn more, visit our blog: http://blog.sheratonkona.com/